Header Ads

3 Things I Wish I Knew Before Starting a Bullet Journal


 Topic Journaling is an company method that has really removed recently. It’s been referred to as “the analog system to get the digital age” which can be appealing to me since I severed ties with my personal smartphone 2 years ago.
bullet journal

 If you aren’t familiar with the concept, take a look at this video below for an overview from the creator.

I had a planning system that was somewhat working for my day-to-day needs, but it wasn’t capturing my long-term plans, tasks and ideas.

So , in February, I finally decided to “bite the bullet” and start my first Bullet Journal.
2019 bullet journal
 1 . You can start any time.
With a Bullet Journal, you don’t need to wait until the start of a new month or a new year like you might with other planners. You won’t be carrying around a bunch of wasted blank pages if you decide to start halfway through the year. Hooray for efficiency!

2019 bullet journal
 2 . You don’t have to have special tools or fancy supplies.
While I ultimately went with a Leuchtturm 1917, you can create your Bullet Journal in any kind of notebook. I’ve seen others using everything from basic composition notebooks to three-ring binders and discbound systems. Use everything you have, especially if you are just getting started and not completely sold on the thought yet.
2019 bullet journal
 Side Note: Ghosting is a thing. Depending on the top quality and thickness of your conventional paper, you may need to do some experimenting just before you find the right kind of dog pen. I was surprised simply by how much the ink revealed through to the other side in the page when I had written with my trusty, daring Pilot G2 pen. I switched to a Sharpie Great Point Pen which leaves me with a more appropriate level of ghosting.
2019 bullet journal
3. You don’t have to be an musician.
Take a quick peek for Bullet Journals on Pinterest and you’ll be astonished by all of the beautiful spreads out there. It can be more than just a little intimidating! If you are artistic, enjoy doodling or hand lettering, then a Bullet Journal is a great way to incorporate your hobby into your planning. But it’s absolutely not a requirement! Your Bullet Record can be as simple or intricate as you want it to be. Put color or keep it smart. It’s totally up to you!

No comments

Powered by Blogger.